Friday, September 2, 2011

Jelly Roll quilting progressing and a new mystery quilt started

Thanks for everyone's input on quilting straight lines on the rectangles...I love it! I've started doing the pebbling inside the rectangles and I'm very pleased with the look, even though my pebbling isn't perfect! :)I've embroidered the first block for this year's LQS Redwork Club Mystery Quilt-the theme is butterflies and I've designed all the blocks (with inspirational help from vintage designs.)
The blocks will look like they're set on point but actually the set of the quilt is straight. Fun, huh?

I'm linking to Sarah's Can I get a Whoop Whoop so hop on over and see some great work!

10 comments:

Barb said...

I just love this quilt....

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

very colorful - I love scrappy colors with white.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Your quilting is wonderful! And I LIKE that embroidery. You really have it all going great.

Paulette said...

The pebbling looks marvelous! Love your embroidery too!

Elaine said...

I like your embroidery. I've been practicing pebbling also. I love the look it produces, but it does take control and practice.

JanetK said...

That quilting looks great! The finished piece will be so stunning.

Sarah Craig said...

I love your quilting - very pretty! I want to try some pebbling next, too! Whoop whoop!

Roslyn said...

Pebbling doesn't have to be perfect Miri, like leaves no two are exactly the same! It looks lovely.

Barbara Bamberger said...

I'm excited to start a new mystery quilt!! And I LOVE the butterfly block!

Barbara Bamberger said...

P.S. The quilting on your jelly roll quilt is gorgeous!