Monday, July 18, 2011

A new blue floral punchneedle quilt block finished

We had a lovely morning swimming in the Sea of Galilee (actually a lake)-our first time this summer. We've been driving an hour to the ocean (actually the Mediterranean Sea) instead of just the 5 minutes to the lake but now the jelly fish have taken over the sea so we were off to the lake. We try to go early in the morning because by 1 o'clock in the afternoon it gets too windy.

After we came back, I finished up another punch needle block.
So now there are 7. Here are the six I finished earlier.
You can see my punchneedle tutorial here.
I'm linking to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times so hop on over and see lots of gorgeous work in progress.

8 comments:

Kate said...

Beautiful punchneedle! How are you going to finish it? As a quilt? My mother does punchneedle and asked me to sash some of hers into a quilt for her.

Barb said...

This is going to be one wonderful quilt.

Angie in SoCal said...

When I saw the thumbnail, I thought it was applique - what a nice surprise that is was punchneedle.

WoolenSails said...

That is really beautiful and a wonderful piece. I am not great at keeping my punch tight on the edges, but have wanted to do some without punching all around the design.

Debbie

Sarah said...

Miri - the PN blocks are gorgeous! I've only done one little project so far and found seperating the floss quite tedious. Your using a ball of thread is brilliant.

AnnieO said...

Those look wonderful. How inviting they look to touch!

Micki said...

I love the punch needle. Where did you get the patterns? I will have to try this out.
Micki

Carrie P. said...

It has been a while since I have seen these blocks and they look fabulous. well done.