Thursday, October 22, 2009

Off to Germany

We're off to Germany tomorrow ! We'll be stopping first to see friends near Frankfurt and Munich and then its on to Hannover-where DH is giving a lecture and then Berlin for 10 days (DH is giving a lecture there too but mostly it will be sightseeing!)

I'm looking forward to seeing the collection at the Textile Museum in Berlin...you can see why-maybe I'll get to see this amazing dress... or this wonderful lace curtain.


Of course, I am on the hunt to see some quilts but my German skills are so slim (ok, non-existent!) that even with DH's help, the hunt via internet isn't going too well! It will be dumn luck if we hit a quilt exhibit but I'll let you know!

Katrina, a German blogger, has kindly sent me a wonderful list of quilt shops and a link to the guild so that should help make this a quilty trip!

I'm taking my little netbook so I hope to be able to blog and check up on what everyone's doing while we're traveling! I've loaded my i-pod with free audiobooks from Librivox and lots of music so our plane and several long train rides should be ok....I'm thinking I can listen to an audiobook and still look out the window on the train-we'll see if that works!

The Phillies are in the World Series!!!Two years in a row! Totally amazing!





9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

have fun on your trip! seeing another country sounds like fun.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Micki said...

Have fun in Germany and enjoy the shopping there!
Micki

Bea said...

LOL I had to laugh I just heard a comment yesterday that the rest of the world isn't interested in the "World" series. Now I can tell him he's wrong. lol Have a wonderful trip. Remember your camera. Be safe. :)Bea

Lee D said...

bon Voyage!!

Barb said...

Have fun, will look forward to pictures when you get back.

Julia said...

Have fun in Germany Miri,
What a beautiful dress that is..and that lace!
Good luck with finding a quilt shop,, if there is one, you'll find it!
Julia ♥

Carrie P. said...

Hope you are having a great time. Look forward to reading about your trip when you get back.

Eileen said...

I guess you are in Germany now then. :-) See you when you get back.. have fun!!

Roslyn said...

The dress is totally amazing did you see it?