Monday, September 22, 2008

Scrap Quilt

I am so excited. I took the Wedding Quilt off the frame this week-end! I'm already sewing the binding and then its just washing the quilt. I have worked on this for five months: 3 months on the hand applique and 2 months quilting it. I took a break for a few weeks around the wedding but otherwise I have been working on it steadily. It is very beautiful. I may dislocate my shoulder from patting myself on the back. I'll post pictures this week-end.

Now I can get back in my sewing room :) Well, I have been sneaking off to my sewing machine to work on the scrap quilt I mentioned. It is made of 9-patch and Roman Road blocks, set on point. I love both 9-patch and 4-patch set on point and use them alot. The border was sewn with the blocks into rows-what look like setting triangles around the 9-patch are really half-square triangle squares -half light/half dark blue. This made it a really fast quilt top to sew together. I'm offering it as a class this fall, hope people sign up, I would like to teach this quilt and since I always sew with the class, I'll get a second one. Maybe I'll make it pink!

4 comments:

Susan said...

I just love this quilt. Please tell me where you are going to teach the class. If you're somewhere nearby maybe I'll be able to sign up!

Susan said...

Beautiful quilt...here, let me pat you on the back...what a great accomplishment.

Neabear said...

I love this quilt. Beautiful!

The Essess said...

Georgous quilt. Nothing nicer than a handmade quilt I wish I had some sewing abilities....